Managing stress is critical for optimal health, and as our lives become more jam packed with the change from summer to Fall, it’s more important than ever to be proactive! Stress creates physiological changes to your body and impacts your immune system. Below are some simple actions you can take to help manage your everyday stressors:
1. Exercise - Exercise decreases muscle tension, boosts mood, helps with sleep and decreases stress hormones.
2. Deep Breathing - Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 7 seconds and breathe out for a count of 8. This helps activate the parasympathetic nervous system and generate oxygen throughout the body.
3. Commune with Nature - Spending time outdoors helps relieve stress. Just 15 minutes of sun exposure can have a positive impact on your stress by increasing vitamin D levels.
4. Eat Right - Proper nutrition plays a large part in avoiding and fighting stress. A plant based eating lifestyle, coupled with gut healing foods help to promote overall well being.
5. Address the Stress - Some forms of stress can be dealt with. If this is the case, don’t put the decision making off any longer. Deal with the stressor head on.
6. Proper Supplementation - Targeted supplements can help you fight stress and stay healthy. A few supplements we recommend to manage stress are:
CBD is big news these days! We are seeing it as a stand alone health supplement, in skin care products, and even in certain foods and specialized beverages.
I have been having amazing results in my practice using CBD oil for a variety of health concerns. Below is some information to help you understand what it is and what it is good for, so hopefully you can benefit from it as well!